EMPLOYER MATCHING GIFTS
Many companies have matching gift and volunteer incentive programs to maximize their financial contributions to non-profit organizations. This means they will match their employees' donations to the National MS Society, increasing your fundraising total and bringing us closer to a world free of MS. Search for your employer now by visiting www.nationalMSsociety.org/EmployerMatch.
You can significantly increase your fundraising total by asking donors to apply for matching gifts!
How it works:
- Send an email to all of your donors explaining the benefits of utilizing their company's matching gifts program.
- Ask your donors to visit www.nationalMSsociety.org/EmployerMatch or contact their company's HR department to learn about their company's matching gift policies and procedures.
- Follow the procedures outlined by the company's matching gift programs. Printed materials may be mailed to:
National MS Society - Greater NW Chapter
Attn: Walk MS Matching Gifts
192 Nickerson St Ste 100
Seattle, WA 98109
- To be sure an electronically submitted matching gift is credited to your fundraising, be sure your donor selects the Greater NW Chapter of the National MS Society as the organization, and notes your name and Walk MS as the reason for the gift.
- Our staff will send confirmation to the donor's company. Upon receipt of the matching gift check, we will credit your Walk MS fundraising efforts with the amount. This process may take some time, however, if we have received the matching gift paperwork by the fundraising deadline, we will include the pending donation in your Walk MS fundraising total. It's that easy!
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-344-4867, press 2, then ext. 40307.